For these things I am grateful today:
1. Emmett. I was so afraid that parenting would not come naturally to me, but it’s not hard to be a good mama when you have a child who is such a sweet little boy.
2. Proximity. Having my parents as neighbors has been so much easier than I feared it might be. It’s so nice to pop over and see them, have them be part of Emmett’s daily life, and know that they are ok.
3. Work. I get to spend 38 hours a week at my dream job, working with the public as well as a group of truly amazing women.
4. Home. Jim, Emmett, Franklin, and Luigi, our warm and cozy space, the things I’ve collected over the years. It’s a nice place to be.
5. Health. One of those things that is easy to take for granted until something happens. Fortunately, I have not been rudely reminded of my mortality this year, but we all certainly know people who have been less fortunate.